Part of feeling good during the holiday season is making conscious choices about the items you want for yourself and effectively communicating your wishes to others. Here are the top 5 tips to help you do just that:
- Create a Wishlist: Start by creating a wish list of items you'd like for yourself. This can include specific gifts, experiences, gift cards or donating to your favourite charities. Having a wish list can make it easier for you to communicate your desires to friends and family.
- Consider shopping in person: When you shop in person you can take advantage of a more personable experience. The main benefit is that you take the guesswork out of making the right choice and also try before you buy! This will not only save time from searching endlessly online for that ‘potential’ perfect item which can sometimes lead to returns as something has arrived not as expected!
- Prioritise Quality Over Quantity: When choosing items for yourself, consider the value and quality of the items rather than accumulating a large number of things. This can help reduce clutter and promote a more conscious and minimalistic approach. At DJV you can find a series of well-priced high-quality clothing and accessories that will stand the test of time.
- Take Time to Decide: When considering a purchase, whether it's for yourself or others, don't rush the decision. Give yourself some time to think about whether it aligns with your values and needs. At DJV you can opt for booking a styling session and boutique experience, to allow more time to assess what is best for you in the long term.
- Create Physical and Mental Space: Make room for conscious choices by decluttering both your physical and mental space. Clearing your surroundings can help you focus on what truly matters, and clearing your mind can enable you to make thoughtful decisions.
By creating a wish list, communicating your desires, and practising mindfulness, you can make choices that align with your values and promote a sense of well-being during the holiday season. Remember that Christmas is an excellent time to prioritise self-care and conscious decision-making, allowing you to enjoy the holiday season to the fullest.
Visit us in-store or online to find the perfect gift for those you love this Christmas.
All of our items are selected with care and sourced from trusted, reputable brands to ensure you invest for the longer term (quality v quantity), which means less waste and a more eco-friendly wardrobe!
Shopping with DJV Boutique means that you continue to support our small business as well as invest in the local economy.